Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Different Ways to Clean Your Makeup Brushes


Cleaning makeup brushes is a practice that comes from years and years, yet... A few know about it or don't know how to do it... I swear, i'm not even kidding. Cleaning your brushes and beauty blender is not only a process and a way to keep your brushes clean but also extend the life of your brushes. When you use them makeup, oil, dirt and even bacteria get trapped on them. Not cleaning your brushes could lead to clogged pores and even breakouts. After all, they are the tools we use to look DASHING, why not return the favor. ;)

So, here are a couple of products you can use to clean and take care, plus the way i clean them which is super easy and quick. 

First of all, you can use things you already own. For example, did you know you can use a bar soap? massage your brushes on the bar and rinse with lukewarm water. 
Dish soap and a sponge will do the trick too. 
And olive oil. Olive oil not only conditions the bristles but if you submerge the brushes on oil and then wipe them with on a towel, you will see all those caked-up pieces of products come off. 

Second, companies now days have "shampoo cleansers" for your brushes. Companies like Clinique, Ulta, Real Techniques, elf, etc. My favorite so far is EcoTools, not only the product is affordable but also hypoallergenic, parabens and phthalates free.






Third and the one i regularly use. Brush egg and baby shampoo. Just pour a little bit of baby shampoo on the egg, which cost no more than $2.00 on amazon, swipe in circular motions and voilá! Clean brushes!

Let them dry on top of a towel or hang them on your towel rack with a hair tie and that's it! They are ready to use!
I also created a little "Tutorial" to give you an idea on how I clean my brushes. Hope you like it! Until next time peeps. God bless!!

John 3:16

11 comments:

  1. I only have one brush I use to apply a little highlighter around my eyes and when it comes to cleaning, I always use my natural black African soap to clean it!

    www.imagineyourart.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very informative post. I recently started using the little scrubber to assist with cleaning my brushes. It really gets my brushes clean in half of the time.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these great tips and suggestions. I really need to clean my brushes more often! I know that it's so important!

    Beth || www.TheStyleBouquet.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes my issue in cleaning my makeup brushes is to make it properly drained and dried. Thank you for your tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great to know! I never know how to clean makeup brushes properly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am embarrassed to say I don't even own any makeup brushes. The one brush I did own, for my eyeshadow, fell underneath my car seat and I lost it in the blackhole that is my car. So now I use a Q-tip and my finger to apply eyeshadow, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some great tips. I love the hair tie idea genius!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did a similar blog post a while ago. So important to always clean your brushes!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never cleaned any of my makeup brushes ever. Though haven't used most of them! But thanks for sharing these great tips. I'll keep in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am like ana, I never clean mine unless my 2 year old decides to dip them in water! I will have to try eco tools! After your post, I see the error of my ways!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to do this. In fact, I need to get some make-up.

    ReplyDelete